1. Power Red. Say hello to fall’s “it” color. Bright, bold, and beautiful, red is the #1 shade to invest in this season and there are endless ways to add it to your wardrobe. From dresses to jackets to footwear and accessories, there’s a way to wear for you to wear a pop of red or even from head to toe.
2. Prairie Folk. Vintage-inspired florals of all kinds are giving fall a touch of girly, country edge. We’re seeing flower prints and embroidery on denim, dresses, and outerwear, giving these staples a more refreshing and whimsical vibe this season.
3. New Americana. Speaking of country, there’s been a cowboy fashion resurgence. From fringe to snakeskin to to leather and suede, to intricate detailing like crochet, ruffles, and patchwork, this trend gets us in touch with our inner westerner. Time to break out the cowboy boots!
4. Hemlines. This season, hemlines of all kinds have gotten an update. Cropped denim and midi skirts in particular are a must–perfect for showing off footwear. Frayed hemlines are also very much on point for fall.
5. Menswear. Plaid on plaid, oversized blazers, statement pant suits, and mixed patterns–it’s all a new and playful, yet sophisticated take on classic menswear. But instead of being predictable, everything about it is fresh and fashion-forward.
6. Jewel Tones. In second place for fall’s “it” color is the jewel-toned color palette: emerald green, amethyst purple, sapphire blue, and topaz yellow. Vibrant and fun, these rich hues bring us a variety of ways to add a pop of color to every look.
7. Formal Velvet. Our favorite fall texture is back and better than ever. While velvet reigned supreme in accessories last year, it’s bringing that touch of luxe to eveningwear and other extras all season, and it comes in every color under the sun.
8. Updated Knits. Fall is nothing without cozy sweaters, but when our these classic cozy pieces get deconstructed and made new, we fall in love. Keep an eye out for cold shoulder sweaters, knit vests, and knit pants.
9. Polka Dots. It’s all about the black and white polka dots this season, and you can find them on everything from ball gowns to sweaters to accessories. We love that there is a bit of mixing and matching with big and small dots, as well which adds an element of fun and intrigue to your look.
10. Fall Jackets. Shearling, moto, plush wool, and suede–this season jackets are all about texture and making a statement. You can find the classic silhouettes with patterns, bold pops of color, and eye-catching hardware that will take your coat game up a notch.