Fall is by far our favorite fashion season because, as we shared in our previous post, Fall Transition Pieces: Suede, Leather, & Fringe, it’s all about layering–giving everyone ample opportunity to show off your personal style.
But Fall 2016 is about so much more. It has blown us away with looks that evoke bold personality and risk-taking.
From puffer jackets over evening wear to floor-length sweaters over denim, everything has been taken to a whole new level.
This season is all about playing and being experimental with your outfit choices. Things aren’t clean and simple, they’re big, rich, and a little bit 90’s inspired.
While there are a lot of trends out there (some opposing, in fact!), we’ve distilled them down to 4 favorites and of course curated the of-the-moment pieces just for you. Ones that will certainly remain go-to staples in your wardrobe.
- Victorian. From detailed, lace blouses to petticoats and capes, you’ll find Victorian inspired items everywhere.
- Burgundy. This is THE color of fall and you’ll see it on everything from dresses to pumps to accessories.
- Velvet. Taking the textures to a much richer level, velvet is showing up on chokers, jackets, and even booties.
- Hemlines. Dress hemlines have dropped the mid-calf, skirt hemlines have gone mini, and pants have gone big and wide.
The Top 30 Must-Haves for Fall. You’ll want to wear these items, again and again, this season and beyond.
*All words listed below in pink allow you to shop the item directly
- Ivory Jumpsuit. A wide-leg look we’re absolutely loving. We recommend wearing it with a leather jacket or a long cardigan, and a pair of pumps for height.
- Ivory Puffer. Our favorite cold-weather puffer with feminine detailing. We adore the ruffle at the waistline, perfect for pairing with an evening gown (the “it” evening wear trend) or your favorite jeans.
- Updated Wide-leg Pant. Another wide-leg silhouette we love, but this pair of pants takes it to a beautiful new level with a wrap element. They’re perfect for a day at the office or any semi-dressy event.
- Long-Sleeved Lace Top. A victorian-inspired top with a gorgeous feminine touch. We love the flowered pattern of the lace, perfect for layering under a blazer or long cardigan.
- Gaucho High-Waisted Pant. Wide-leg with a high waist. We love this pair because of the casual, comfortable feel–best worn with a heel.
- Nude Leather Iro Jacket. Shades of blush and nude are still relevant this season. Feel free to re-wear your pink leather items or invest is something new. There’s no doubt you’ll want to wear it over everything.
- Floral Top. This top is all about the lace floral detailing in the collar, and we love that summer’s “it” color, pink, is here to stay. Be on the lookout for florals of all kinds, they are a huge trend this season.
- Vince Chunky Knit Cardigan. Meet your new favorite sweater. It will be your go-to no matter what you’re wearing because it’s incredibly soft yet structured. Perfect to layer over anything on a cool day.
- Suede Rag & Bone Shorts. Start dressing for fall when it’s still warm outside. The neutral color of these shorts makes them great for pairing with anything from a cardigan to a fall jacket.
- Joseph Stretch Trouser. A classic go-to pair of pants for work or play. Their stretch fabric gives you the comfort of leggings, while the structure keeps them feeling chic and classy. Another neutral that can be paired with anything.
- Pink Feminine Dress by Alexis. Our favorite Victorian-esque dress with bell sleeves, velvet button detail, and a classic feminine silhouette. It can easily be worn with flats or heels.
- Ribbed Skirt & Sweater Set. A monochromatic combo we adore. With this season’s longer hemline at play, the skirt is a great investment piece. Pair them together or wear them as separates.
- Cinq a Sept BodyCon Belted Dress. A figure flattering midi dress with this season’s top color. We love that it both shows off some skin and has a conservative edge with the longer length.
- Military Sweater. A military-inspired piece with golden shoulder embellishments. We love how this piece blends a new trend with classic stripes.
- OTS Red Gown. A show stopping, head turning silhouette with all of the right curves and textures. It’s all about the pop of color. Wear this gown to your next fancy affair and pair it with your puffer jacket.
- Burgundy & Pink Lace Top. Another Victorian-inspired favorite. This is a great going-out top with the fun color contrasts of red and pink. We love the lace with velvet trim and pleated detailing. We like it with denim or a skirt with the hemline of your choice.
- Military Skirt. With a classic army green, this skirt has both class and edge. The metal detailing gives it texture and personality, great for pairing with a simple top or a chunky sweater.
- Rick Owens Velvet Gown. This dress boasts a figure-flattering silhouette while still feeling like a cozy second skin. A great option for weddings, cocktail parties, and anywhere you want to make a statement.
- Stretch Suede Pant. A chic pair of pants with a textured edge. Great for wearing to work or out for cocktails paired with a cozy sweater or a floral blouse.
- Long Knit Sweater. Meet your everyday sweater. This is your go-to throw on for everything from dresses to denim to pajamas. It’s both cozy and classy.
- Military Cape. We love this cape’s cool military feel. It’s roomie enough to throw on over a chunky knit under it for layering and versatile enough to be worn with anything from a cocktail dress to trousers.
- Leather + Denim Pant. A cool, new take on denim with leather in the front and denim in the back. Pair them with a chunky sweater to a blouse and blazer.
- Sleeveless Trench. Inspired by a touch of masculine, this trend is a great spin on a classic. It’s worn best as a layering piece over trousers, a dress, or skinny jeans.
- One Shoulder Top. The OTS trend is still hot, but it’s gone a bit dark with zipper detailing on the sleeve. This top is a beautiful way to show off a touch of skin paired with skinny jeans or a mini skirt.
- The Track Pant. Athleisure is happening on an elegant level with these tailored yet casual pants. Naturally, they can be worn running errands, but they’re also appropriate with some heels.
- Etro Velvet Top. A classic t-shirt shape turned up a notch, this is a great way to try velvet with something casual like denim or dressy like a leather or denim pant.
- Ganni Floral Mini-Skirt. The perfect way to bring dark fall florals into your wardrobe, this skirt can easily be mixed with anything from a burgundy lace top and heels to a white silk blouse and flats.
- Leather Jacket Hoodie. This jacket has become a go-to athleisure-inspired piece of ours. It’s great for travel and throwing on the moment it gets chilly outside. We close that it boasts a casual yet pulled together edge.
- Balmain Velvet Jacket. This double-breasted jacket combines two of our favorite trends: velvet and military. It can easily be dressed down with jeans or up with a pencil skirt.
- Midi Dress. We love our midis this season and this one has a little something extra: zipper and leather detailing. And those details are everything. Great for date night or a special event.
We can’t wait to show you how to wear them! Make sure you’re subscribed so that you don’t miss a post.
We’d love to hear from you in the comments below and are happy to advise on your purchases. Which ones are you loving?