1. Silver. Introducing resort/holiday’s “it” color. Yes, metallic silver is the must-have shade and it could not be more perfectly timed as we enter into the holiday season. From shimmery dresses to fancy bomber jackets and booties, investing in an item with sparkle is a hell yes.
2. Plaid. This season, plaid is the coolest pattern to add to your wardrobe. Different shapes, shades, and menswear inspired elements make it a must for adding texture and dimension to your look. Pick up a classic coat, blazer, pants, skirt, or dress and make it your own.
3. Ruffles. What’s new with ruffles, you ask? New fabrications, new textures, and new silhouettes. Ruffled tulle in particular is having a moment, as well as ruffled elements in leather jackets and evening wear. They’re also making necklines more interesting and fun.
4. Winter Florals. Red blooms and romantic prints are everything this season. From small vintage florals to moodier garden-inspired designs, you’re sure to find a piece that you love. Definitely keep an eye out for floral prints with a black background in dresses and skirts.
5. Statement Coats. This season’s outerwear is all about comfort, color, and texture. The silhouette of the moment is robe-inspired or shearling coat either in a neutral or bright color. When it comes to color, the bolder the better, especially if investing in fur. And the puffer coat remains a cold-weather commodity.
6. Pleats. This classic texture is back and better than ever. Pleats have been reimagined in skirts, dresses, and even tops giving them really nice dimension and movement. However, metallic pleats are the all-star this season. A great alternative to ruffles if they’re not your thing.
7. Neutrals. Pink is back as the must-have neutral of the season. Muted and feminine, this shade along with the classic cream, beige, black, and white is great for mixing and matching or worn monochromatically.
8. Bold Coloring. The winter/holiday season is at the heart of it, all about color. Colorblocking, mixing and matching, and within unexpected textures and prints. If you’re going to invest in a bold, colorful piece choose sorbet tones like pink, orange, yellows, and blues.
9. Stripes. Stripes are having a moment right now, and what we love about them is how subtle, yet bold they’ve become. Running down the leg of pants, making classic athletic wear fashion-forward, and giving vertical stripes more attention and color than the classic horizontal shape.
10. Buckles. This season is all about the buckle. On coats, dresses, belts, and more. Using a belt to both cinch the waist and make a bold statement is the way to go, which is why we recommend having fun with the width and length of this classic accessory.